What is Our History?
Selly Oak Elim Church was founded in 1936 (2006 was the church’s 70th anniversary), born out of Birmingham’s Pentecostal Revival of the 1930s. The church first met in people’s homes and then in the Institute building on Bristol Road before moving to a permanent site in Alton Road. In 1983, two buildings later, the church were outgrowing their premises and arranged to swap buildings with St. Wulstan’s. Today, we meet at Elim Church Centre on Exeter Road (2006 was the building’s 100th anniversary and the church’s 70th anniversary).
Elim Churches Nationally
We are a part of the Elim Pentecostal Movement, which is an international denomination with over 550 churches in the UK alone. To find out more about Elim, visit the Elim website.